Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome!

This is the sports blog of Donnie Zeno Kolakowski, a Ball State journalism student who just finished his sophomore year of school. Let me tell you a little bit about myself...

I'm from Bolingbrook, IL, making me a suburban Chicago boy. My favorite sport is baseball, and my favorite team is the Cubs, making me one of the many masochists who hopes and prays every single day that they'll put it together one of these years and win a title.

My second favorite team is the Chicago Bulls, and I'm very upset I wasn't old enough to appreciate the Jordan era. Although I liked the team as a little boy, I didn't even begin to appreciate the glory of two three-peats (Do I have to pay Pat Riley for saying that?) in a decade.

My blogging will be about most sports, including basketball, baseball, football, hockey and even some tennis and soccer every once in a while just for fun. Maybe something else will pop up as well. If Gus Johnson announces something else, I'll be there.

Preference for blogging will go to local Chicago sports, but I won't force a story line on you if there isn't one. For instance, I could probably talk about how the Cubs can't hit in the clutch every day for the rest of the season. I'll probably only do it occasionally.

So, please follow me, as I'll post daily (or as close to daily as I can). If you're bored, and are tired of hearing what your friends think they know about sports, please check in and read what Zeno knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment